Our job as parents is not only to love our children but to teach our children to love themselves in healthy ways. A parent's authentic and loving words are the empowerment a child needs to feel comfortable in their own skin and confident with being themselves. With intention, we can help our children identify with all of the goodness that is inside of them. Each and every day we have the power to add to our child's self-esteem bucket. Here's a list of 50 statements that will empower your children to believe in their abilities and fill their hearts with love for themselves.
1. You can do hard things.
2. You stand for what is right.
3. You do your best in things.
4. I believe in you.
5. You are a good influence on others.
6. You are an amazing person.
7. There is no one better to be than yourself.
8. Your challenges help you to grow.
9. You control your own happiness.
10. I love and respect you.
11. You teach me new things every day.
12. It's okay to not know everything.
13. Always believe in your dreams and goals.
14. You can get through anything.
15. You can do anything you put your mind to.
16. You have everything you need right now.
17. Everything will be okay.
18. You have the freedom to make choices.
19. You make a difference in the world.
20. You have the power to make your dreams come true.
21. Always believe in yourself and your abilities.
22. Mistakes are proof that you are trying.
23. There is a lesson in every failure.
24. Good things are going to come to you.
25. You matter to others.
26. When you step outside your comfort zone your confidence grows.
27. Your positive thoughts create positive actions.
28. You can walk through your fears.
29. Every day is a fresh start.
30. When you fall, you can get back up again.
31. You are whole.
32. The only person you should compare yourself to is yourself.
33. If you do your best, that is enough.
34. You can be anything you want to be.
35. Being different is special.
36. Always accept who you are.
37. Your best days are ahead.
38. All of your problems have solutions.
39. I'm proud of you are just as you are.
40. You are a special light in the world.
41. Your heart is full of warmth and goodness.
42. You are worthy of love.
43. You are enough for anything and anyone.
44. Always have the courage and confidence to be yourself.
45. Your kindness makes a difference to others.
46. I am proud to be your ____.
47. You are beautiful inside and outside.
48. The only person you should aim to be is yourself.
49. I am so grateful for you.
50. You make my life better by just being in it.
Click the image below to check out our children's affirmation cards, which are an incredibly effective way to build self-esteem. The powerful affirmations include rhyming statements, which help your child to not only memorize them but deeply believe them. Here's to more self-love for kids!